Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
I came up with this when I was looking to use up a cooked chicken breast I had in the fridge. I wanted an easy lunch but something healthy and tasty too. I usually eat this with two lightly "buttered" (with low fat margarine) slices of bread but it is also good served on a bed of mixed lettuce leaves. The cooking time includes the chilling time.
Top Review by weekend cooker
A very nice side dish to dinner tonight that I will be making in the future. Had this with one of my chicken recipes, and the nice variation of vegetables and cheese made this ONE GREAT SALAD. I did use regular mayonnaise though, but I don't think it made a difference since I can not tell the difference. Thanks for one heck of a salad. Made for 1-2-3 hit Wonders.
- 1 cup cooked boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, shaved into ribbons
- 1⁄2 cup Baby Spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded