Recipe by WJKing
WOWZERS! This is SO yummy! You can easily vary the veggies to be what's in season. Looks impressive - but is SO easy! ENJOY! This is adapted from July/August '98 Quick Cooking magazine.
Top Review by donna in niagara falls
I just love this recipe. I can't believe I have made this several times and I forgot to review it. If you like veggies you'll love this recipe. It also looks impressive after it is baked. Thanks WJ for a great recipe.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Place butter into a 9" pie plate in a 450 oven until melted; remove and carefully tilt pie plate to coat bottom and sides.
- In a bowl, beat eggs and milk.
- Add flour and 1/4 teaspoon of salt; mix well.
- Pour into pie plate.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until puffed around the edges and golden brown.
- Meanwhile in a skillet cook broccoli, green pepper, tomato and onion in water for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain well.
- Add pepper, garlic and remaining salt.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over the pancake; top with veggies and remaining cheese.
- Bake 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Cut into wedges; serve immediately.