Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Fabulously tasty, warming, vegetarian/vegan sausage casserole. A whole meal in one pot. Really simple to make. Good, hearty comfort food.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 vegetarian sausages (I like cauldron brand)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red chile, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 parsnip, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 200 g broccoli florets
- 200 g cauliflower florets
- 300 g cannellini beans
- 300 g borlotti beans
- 1 red chile, crushed (such as dried birds eye)
- 1 tablespoon miso (optional)
- 150 ml red wine (vegan fair trade wine can be bought at the Co-Op in the UK)
- 200 ml stock
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper
- heat the oil in a large saucepan and start to fry the sausages for 3-4 minutes.
- add the onion, garlic and chili and fry until they start to soften.
- chop the sausages into bite size chunks in the pan.
- add the vegetables and beans including fluid from tins (others can be substituted depending on your taste or what you have in).
- stir in the crushed chili, miso paste, red wine, stock and rosemary.
- season to taste and bring to the boil.
- leave to simmer for around an hour stirring occasionally.
- Serve with hot garlic bread if desired.