Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Healthy and full of veggies-instead of using the butter, I usually just spray the pan with a vegetable spray. I also use a low-fat cheese, usually just whatever I have in the fridge.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 egg
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄8 cup cheese
- Melt one tablespoon butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Place onion and peppers and musrhoom inside of the skillet. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes stirring occasionally until vegetables are just tender.
- While the vegetables are cooking beat the eggs and egg whites with the milk.
- Remove the vegetables from heat and put in small bowl and keep warm.
- Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter (in the skillet just used to cook the vegetables) over medium heat. Coat the skillet with the butter. When the butter is bubbly add the egg mixture and cook the egg for 2 minutes or until the eggs begin to set on the bottom of the pan. Gently lift the edges of the omelet with a spatula to let the uncooked part of the eggs flow toward the edges and cook. Continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes or until the center of the omelet starts to look dry.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the omelet and spoon the vegetable mixture into the center of the omelet. Using a spatula gently fold one edge of the omelet over the vegetables. Let the omelet cook for another two minutes or until the cheese melts to your desired consistency. Slide the omelet out of the skillet and onto a plate.
This was a great veggie omelet! Would not change a thing but I did add salt and pepper to taste. Thanks!
Delicious breakfast! Very tasty with a nice colorful combination of veggies. Using egg whites makes the omelet nice and fluffy too. I only used half of the amount of butter and it came out great!
I made this for dinner for myself this evening, and it was great. You could use a combination of many different kinds of veggies (and even hashbrowns) and cheeses for this. I use a mexican blend cheese in the center with the veggies and topped it with some fresh pico. It was great!!! I didn't use the butter. I sprayed the pan with Pam instead, used skim milk and lowfat cheese.....GREAT!!!!