1/1 Photo of Veggie Omelet
This is for those of you who want to try a healthier alternative to omlets or scrambled eggs. It uses egg whites, multiple delicious seasonings, and veggie burgers instead. I got this idea because I'm a vegetarian and I'm lactose intolerant so my mom and I were trying different things in the kitchen. It's my favorite way to eat eggs now, I wouldn't try it any other way!
My Private Note
egg whi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 6 egg whites
- 2 veggie burgers (whatever your preference, I personally like Morning Star)
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon mccormick's roasted garlic and herb seasoning (it's not necessary to use it but I prefer it and it's delicious!)
- 1/2 chopped tomato
- 1/2 white potato
- 1/8 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup soy cheese
- 1/8 cup breadcrumbs
- 1Prepare your veggie burger however you like it (microwave it, bake it, sautee it) and then cut it into small squares.
- 2Turn the oven to low broil to let it warm up.
- 3Take your 1/2 a white potato and chop it up in small chuncks. Put it into a pan and dress it with about half the cup of vegetable or olive oil. Sprinkle half of the breadcrumbs on the potatoes. Sprinkle half of the soy cheese on top and stick it in the oven for about 7 minutes.
- 4When they are done, take them out to let them cool while you start the eggs.
- 5Prepare a pan with the rest of the vegetable/olive oil (you may use a little less).
- 6Scramble all of the egg whites in a bowl. Add the minced onion, roasted garlic and herb seasoning, and chopped tomato.
- 7When you start to see the ends become a solid while, add the chopped veggie burger, chopped potato bake, the rest of the breadcrumbs, and the rest of the soy cheese to the omlet.
- 8When the entire eggs white omlet looks solid white, using a spatula, flip it ontop of itself to make your omlet.
- 9Take your omlet out of the pan (and make sure everythings off).
- 10If you wish, add a few more totmatoes on top or ketchup or whatever other condiment you would like to dress it up. Enjoy this delicious and healthy breakfast meal!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veggie Omelet
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 716.5
- Calories from Fat 335
- Total Fat 37.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 7.0 mg
- Sodium 1390.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 47.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
garlic and herb seasoning