Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
a great way to increase protein with soy products
- 3 slices yves vegetarian Canadian bacon or 3 slices yves vegetarian salami, 1/2 inch dice
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup green cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup potato, diced
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes or 2 cups canned tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup macaroni noodles
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cooked white beans
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- In large saucepan, sauté onion, carrots, celery and garlic in oil over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in stock, cabbage, potato, zucchini, tomatoes, macaroni, tomato paste, basil, salt and pepper.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes or until potato and macaroni are cooked.
- Add white beans, Yves Veggie Bacon and heat through.
- Adjust seasoning and garnish with parsley.