Recipe by Stephanie Z.
This minestrone is so healthy and delicious. It's on the thicker side. You can add water if you like a more liquidy soup. My boyfriend and I dined on this about 3 more times in the week...On the 3rd night, he said to me, "When you suggested soup again, I was thinking 'eh, okay', but when I started eating it, I thought 'mmmm this is still really good.'"
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup green cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 (16 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (16 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 1 small head of broccoli, separated into small pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked whole wheat elbow macaroni
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, saute garlic, onion, carrots, and celery in olive oil over low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add in all of the remaining ingredients except the macaroni, cover, and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add pasta and cook additional 10 minutes (or according to time on box). Don't over cook the pasta!
- Serve with grated parmesan. Enjoy!
- For Vegetarian use the vegetable broth option.