Recipe by Caryn
This recipe comes from the Pampered Chefs 'Spring/Summer 1999 Season's Best Recipe Collection' at the request of a Zaar member.
Top Review by garrisgirlsmom
These are easy and delicious! After attending a Pampered Chef party several years ago, I use to make them all of the time for parties, picnics and more. No matter what engagement I brought them to, they were always a huge hit. After my family moved, I lost the recipe and for a while, couldn't find it on the internet anywhere. Now I have a safe place to keep it. Thanks so much!
- 1 (11 ounce) packagerefrigerated French bread dough
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves, snipped or 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
- Using kitchen spritzer, lightly spray Valtrompia Bread Tube and caps with vegetable oil.
- Cap bottom of bread tube; fill with dough.
- Place cap on top.
- Bake upright 50 to 60 minutes; cool 10 minutes.
- Remove bread from tube; cool completely.
- Cut into 1/4-inch slices; place on 15" round Baking Stone.
- Increase oven temperature to 425 degree F.
- Slice tomatoes; set aside.
- Thinly slice cheese; set aside.
- Snip basil.
- In a 1 quart bowl, combine mayonnaise and basil.
- Press garlic into bowl; stir until well mixed.
- Spread 1 Tablespoon of mayonnaise mixture over each bread slice.
- Top each bread slice with zucchini, tomato, and cheese slices.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.