Recipe by Texas Barby
VMS is a great make-ahead recipe and goes well with a salad bar or grill fest. It is an easy dish to take to a picnic or covered-dish affair. The short prep time includes clean-up.
Top Review by threeovens
This is a very nice salad that I think everyone will like. All of the flavors blend well together. I used sugar snap beans in place of both the green beans and peas and I did not blanch anything. The flavors and textures were just right after sitting for 6 to 8 hours. I also didn't add any water and the vegetables did provide their own. The more I ate this, the better I liked it. Made for PAC, Spring 2012.
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- 2 cups frozen green peas
- 1 (14 ounce) can white shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch frozen veggies for 1 minute. Drain well.
- Combine first seven ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the next six ingredients and boil for one minute to dissolve the sugar. This step may be omitted if you use sugar substitute.
- Pour the marinade over the veggies and stir to coat. Refrigerate the salad overnight.
- Stir salad before serving.