Play With Your Food!'s Note:
I am a carnivore at heart. I was the child who never ate her vegetables. A couple of years ago, my husband and I started trying to eat healthier. This meant turning my kitchen into a laboratory. I came up with this sweet little number through that trial and error. Now, it's a family favorite and a hit at all the potlucks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 carrot
- 4 -5 mushrooms
- 1 red potatoes
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/2-3/4 yellow squash
- 1/2-3/4 zucchini
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2-3/4 cup peanuts
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 pinch ginger powder (this stuff is potent)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 -1 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1First, chop up your vegetables.
- 2Make your veggie pieces about half bite size.
- 3Microwave the chopped potatoes for 2-3 minutes to get them started.
- 4The potatoes take longer to cook than the other ingredients.
- 5Pour the oil into a large frying pan or wok.
- 6Let the oil warm up a bit before adding vegetables.
- 7Dump the vegetables and the peanuts into the pan.
- 8Begin cooking on low heat while you season the mixture.
- 9Add the soy sauce first, then the other spices.
- 10After all the ingredients have been added, increase heat to medium and continue stirring as it cooks.
- 11It should smell sweet as it gets closer to being done.
- 12When everything is cooked thoroughly, the dish is done.
- 13It will be very hot out of the pan, but cools off fast.
- 14So, don't dilly-dally with it to the dinner table.
- 15You can adjust the amounts of spice to taste as you get more comfortable with the recipe.
- 16Likewise, you may later want to expand the dish to include onions, peppers, etc.
- 17This dish goes great with rice, as a side for a slab of meat, or as a meat stir fry with bits of chicken, beef, pork, or liver, or as a stand alone on the potluck table.
- 18It even makes carnivores like me want to dig in!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veggie Medley
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.2
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1675.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 12.4 g