Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
From Simple & Delicious. Wonderfully easy. With bread on the side, what a completely comforting meal.
- 25 frozen italian style meatballs
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 cup water
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a 5-quart slow cooker, combine the first 14 ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-1/2-6 hours or until vegetables are almost tender.
- Stir in the macaroni and parsley; cook 30 minute longer or until macaroni is tender.
- Serve with parmesan cheese if desired.
I gave this recipe 3 stars. This was pretty good soup. My family liked this soup. I had a zucchini that needed to be used up so I searched for recipes using zucchini and came across this recipe. When I made this soup I made a few minor changes to the recipe. I had 30-36 meatballs so I used all of them. I was out of beef broth so I subbed chicken broth. I left out the macaroni cause my hubby is not a fan of pasta in soup. I did not use fresh parsley I used dried instead. Overall this wasn't bad. I'd make it again as it had really good flavor. Thanks for posting! Christine (internetnut)