Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
A yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy meatball soup!
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 15 frozen fully cooked meatballs, thawed
- 3 bay leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup spiral shaped pasta, cooked and drained
- In a slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in pasta; heat through.
- Discard bay leaves.
*Made for PAC Fall 2007* This was a nice quick lunch, bursting with flavor with little effort. I used Recipe #150683 as my stock with 2 beef bouillon cubes tossed in. I had some mini wagon wheel pasta I used up vs the sprial shaped pasta. I always have frozen meatballs on hand so I can see making this often. Thanks for sharing. Nick's Mom
I made these last night after I had already eaten supper, but in a rare burst of willpower did not taste it. I did take some in to work today for lunch and now I'm sorry I didn't have any last night. I had some Chinese meatballs in the freezer so I decided to take this with a Chinese/Asian slant. I used a frozen Chinese vegetable medley and upped the stakes by adding a can of sliced water chestnuts. I added some freshly grated ginger and just a bit of soy sauce. I had started cooking late in the evening and everything was ready by midnight. I used Thai noodles and the whole dish went straight into a some Tupperware in the fridge. My coworkers were shooting me looks of envy as I had my aromatic and delicious lunch today, thanks!