Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
something different for the lunch box
- 500 g lean ground beef
- 1 small carrot, peeled, finely grated
- 1 small zucchini, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 12 slices multigrain bread
- 2 avocados, halved, stone removed, peeled, mashed
- 2 ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 butter lettuce, leaves separated
- 135 g hummus
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the mince, carrot, zucchini and tomato sauce in a large bowl. Use your hands to mix until well combined. Roll 1 heaped tablespoonful of mince mixture into a ball. Place on the lined tray. Repeat with the remaining mince mixture.
- Place a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add meatballs and cook, turning, for 4-5 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate to cool slightly. Cut the meatballs in half.
- Spread half the bread with avocado. Top with meatball, tomato and lettuce. Spread the remaining bread with the hummus and sandwich together. Cut sandwiches in half. Wrap in plastic wrap.