Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A yummy recipe from Fitness Magazine.
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 4 red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 2 zucchini, cut into thin strips
- 2 sweet onions, coarsely chopped
- 15 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 12 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Cook pasta in boiling water until just al dente.
- On a large skillet over medium high heat, bring wine to a boil.
- Add bell peppers, zucchini and onion.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, 12-15 minutes- or until vegetables are tender and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a food processor , process ricotta until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add flour and cook about 2 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Slowly whisk in milk and cook, whisking, 4-5 minutes, or until thickened.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked pasta, vegetables, ricotta and white sauce until well mixed.
- Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a 2.5 quart baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly around the edges.