Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have never tasted a a good vegetable soup until I came across this recipe. It is simple to make and very healthy too. It has a nice clean taste, not heavy laden with a overwhelming thick tomato taste. Enjoy!
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables (I have been known to use a can or two of Veg-All as a subsitute on occasion.)
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian stewed tomatoes, undrained and chopped well
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in Dutch Oven; cover and bring to a boil.
- Stir in pasta; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes or until pasta is tender.
Yay! Healthy, low-fat, quick, easy and yummy! I do agree that it's clean-tasting and not heavily "tomatoey". I used a 1 lb bag of frozen soup mix veggies, and used frozen corn instead of canned. I also used fresh onion (minced) in place of the dried, and doubled the amount. It's a very satisfying soup. Thanx for sharing; this is a keeper for sure.
Good soup. Broth isn't too heavy and tomatoey.
My family loved this soup! I gave some to my mom and her husband now they are going to make a bunch and can it. I shared this recipe with my Weight Watchers group and they all loved it too!!!! YUMMO