Recipe by Carol V.
This comes from Cooking Light and is an outstanding sandwich that I enjoy year round, however it is much better in summer with veggies right out of the garden. Enjoy.
- 4 slices multigrain bread, toasted (1 - 1 1/2 oz.)
- hummus, spread
- 1 cup alfalfa sprout
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 8 slices tomatoes (1/4 inch thick)
- 8 slices avocados (1/4 inch thick)
- 2 slices red onions (1/4 inch thick)
- feta, dill dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread each bread slice with 3 tablespoons Hummus Spread. Top each with 1/4 cup sprouts, 1/4 cup cucumber slices, 2 tomato slices, and 2 avocado slices. Top with onion rings. Drizzle each sandwich with 3 tablespoons Feta-Dill Dressing.
- Feta-Dill Dressing:.
- 2/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl; stir well. Cover and chill.
- Note: This is also good with lamb or as a topping for sliced tomatoes.
- 3/4 cup (serving size: 3 tablespoons).