Recipe by ctrmom
This recipe is easily adaptable to what is on hand- fresh, frozen, or canned veggies, leftovers, meat or no meat, etc. It's always yummy. Thanks Jill! and the back of the Hunt's can.
Top Review by PSU Lioness
Pretty darned tasty! As far as ease of preparation, a trained monkey could put this together. The taste was really good, too. I used penne pasta, ground beef, basil tomato pasta sauce, regular alfredo sauce, a mozzarella/cheddar cheese blend, sweet peppers, sweet onions, chopped asparagus and zucchini. It turned out great. The veggie and sauce combinations are endless and it worked well to use up produce that I had in my fridge. This can't be beat for something to throw together on a weeknight. Thanks for posting!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium yellow squash or 3 medium zucchini
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli, thawed (optional)
- 1 (26 ounce) can spaghetti sauce (I use Hunt's Chunky Vegetable)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar alfredo sauce (or make your own- 2 cups)
- 12 ounces ziti pasta or 12 ounces penne, cooked and kept warm
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef, browned (optional)
- nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Heat oil on Med-hi in skillet.
- Add squash (and optional mushrooms) and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until squash starts to brown.
- Add spinach (and optional broccoli); cook until water evaporates.
- Blend the sauces into the veggies.
- Heat through.
- Toss with pasta, optional ground beef, and half of the cheese.
- Coat a 13x9 pan with spray.
- fill dish and top with leftover cheese.
- Bake 10 min or until cheese melts.