Recipe by Stoblogger
What a refreshingly light summer salad, and pretty too. I suggest using fresh veggies, but canned beans and pineapple are just fine as well. Most any kind of lettuce will do, even spinach. I prefer hearts of romaine for more crunch. Original version of this recipe was found at The Sprouted Kitchen: http://sproutedkitchen.com/?p=1487.
- 6 -7 radishes, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed with cool water
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
- 1 sprig fresh basil (optional)
- 1 sprig fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1 head of dark green lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon honey (more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- juice of one lime
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Thoroughly wash all the fresh vegetables and cut into bite sized pieces. Toss together in a medium sized bowl. Drain and rinse the black beans and add to the salad. If using canned pineapple chunks, drain off the juice before adding to the salad.
- Using an electric mixer or blender, combine until smooth the avocado, buttermilk, vinegar, lime, honey, hot sauce and salt and pepper. Pour over salad, toss, and serve.