Recipe by Hey Jude
This is a nice, hearty salad that can be served as a main course for dinner or lunch. Recipe is from the Chicago Sun-Times.
- 4 ounces thin lasagna noodles or 4 ounces mafalda pasta
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 2 cups spinach leaves, stems removed
- 4 ounces shredded asiago cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add pasta and cook according to package directions- in the last minute of cooking, drop in broccoli to blanch.
- Drain and rinse pasta and broccoli.
- In a food processor, puree garlic, add tomato paste, ricotta and balsamic vinegar and process; with machine running, pour in olive oil and process until well mixed.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large serving bowl, toss pasta with broccoli, carrots, zucchin, spinach leaves and dressing and top with cheese.