Recipe by HeatherDiane
This is a weight watchers recipe that I got from my mother-in-law. It is 7 points a serving. I love this recipe, although I eliminated the black olives and use light cream cheese instead of fat free. Also, I save all the mozzarella cheese for the top instead of layering it. It is time consuming to make but oh so good, especially if you are looking for a low fat lasagna. Even DH loves it. I am guessing on the prep time.
Top Review by tank_girl
A good base recipe and I love that it's vegetarian, but it's kind of bland for my family's taste. Next time I make this I plan to add garlic to the sauce and then go from there!
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) can sliced ripe olives
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) packagechopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 ounces cream cheese, fat free
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups 1% low fat cottage cheese
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked (or use no cook)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (6 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray, place over medium heat until hot.
- Add mushrooms, carrots, and onions; sauté 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add tomato sauce and next five ingredients; set aside.
- Combine spinach and next three ingredients; stir well and set aside.
- Arrange 3 lasagna noodles in bottom of 11x17-inch baking dish (I use 9x13-inch) coated with cooking spray.
- Spoon 1/3 of spinach mixture over noodles, and 1/3 tomato mixture over that.
- Top with 1/3 mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 325°F for 45 minutes until heated through.