Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Chock full of veggies (you can add, change to suit your tastes). Got this from a Taste of Home annual recipe cookbook, submitted by Sam Hunsaker. Changed just a bit to fit my families needs.
- 2 small zucchini, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 6 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 2 small yellow squash, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped into small pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups cottage cheese (may use ricotta)
- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 -3 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons romano cheese
- In large saucepan, saute first 7 ingredients in the olive oil until crisp-tender.
- Stir in tomato paste, broth, brown sugar and seasoning.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a bowl, combine egg and cottage cheese. Spoon 2 T. veggie mixture into bottom of 9 x 13 baking dish. Lay 4 Lasagna noodles across bottom. Spread half of veggie mixture over noodles. Next spread half cottage cheese mixture followed by cheese, repeat layers finishing with cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.