Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Who needs meat when you have tons of veggies, pasta, lots of cheese, and a wonderful blend of seasonings?? Serve with a salad and garlic bread...WONDERFUL!
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrot)
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 (16 ounce) carton cottage cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook mushrooms, green pepper, onion, and garlic in hot oil until tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, and seasonings, adding black pepper to taste.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- remove from heat, discard bay leaves.
- Cook lasagna according to package directions.
- Cook frozen vegetables according to package directions.
- Combine egg, cottage cheese, and half of mozzarella cheese in medium bowl.
- In 13x9-inch baking dish, layer noodles, cheese mixture, vegetables, then tomato mixture.
- Repeat layers twice and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle top with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, about 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
I made this for a friend who just had a baby, her family raved over it.