Recipe by Juliansmommy!
I was doing low carb not give up taste and came up with this. This one will surprise you. It has no noodles but it taste great. My sister is so picky about eating vegetables but even she likes this one.
- 1 eggplant (large peeled)
- 2 zucchini (very small)
- 2 yellow squash (very small)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion (chopped)
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce (Hunts four cheese)
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- cooking spray
- garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice eggplant long ways 1/4 inch thick.
- Slice zucchini and yellow squash
- Chop green onion very small.
- Spray pan with oil and cook eggplant, zucchini, squash and green onions with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste. Only cool until slightly soft about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour one cup spaghetti sauce in baking dish.
- Top with layer of veggies.
- Sprinkle Parmesan over.
- Spread some cottage cheese over.
- Add another layer veggies on top layer with last of cottage cheese, then mozzarella, Parmesan and a little garlic powder.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350°F for 1 hour, then remove aluminum, turn heat up to 425°F and bake for 1/2 hour more.