Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This versatile recipe works well with a number of alternate ingredients. Instead of ham, try cooked and crumbled bacon. Or use different veggies and cheese to suit your family's tastes. From Taste of Home.
- 1 cup cooked ham, cubed
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, sauté the ham, mushrooms, pepper and onions in butter for 6 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk and salt.
- Remove ham mixture from skillet; keep warm.
- In same skillet, add egg mixture; cook and stir til eggs are slightly set.
- Add ham mixture.
- Cook and stir until eggs are completely set.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
Made this two mornings in a row - it's delicious! I made it as written the first time. Next morning I used green and red pepper, added in some garlic and waited till it was almost cooked to add the green onion. I will make this again for sure! Thank you!
Very good brunc this morning. I scaled it down to serve two people easily annd used left over ham, onions, green beans, and mushrooms. Added some moz. cheese with the cheddar. Over all a great breakfast recipe that can be fromed to fit your tastes. Made for PAC 07!