Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I had this written on a scrap of paper and really don't remember where it came from. It's a great way to "dress" up the plain boca burgers.
- 4 frozen veggie burgers
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄4 medium unpeeled cucumber, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 foldable pita breads
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Heat burgers according to package directions.
- Place sour cream, cucumber and garlic in blender or food processor. Blend 10-30 seconds or until almost smooth.
- Cover pita breads evenly with tomatoes and lettuce.
- Drizzle with sour cream mixture.
- Top each with a burger, cut in half.
Best thing I've ever done with a frozen veggie burger! Great way to dress them up super quick. I've made these a few times now, my bf LOVES them. Thanks for the great idea.
This was great, I really think the veggie burgers taste so much like the lamb in the traditional gyro's. The texture is very similar. The only thing I did differently is used a wheat flat bread instead of the pita bread and I thought it was wonderful, great recipe, thanks for sharing.
These "gyros" are a new favorite at our house. The vegan Boca burger worked perfectly in it, and I used Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream for the sauce base. Outstanding. Thanks for the great recipe!