Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my veggie daughter's latest invention.
- 1 loaf French bread, 12 inch (sliced lengthwise)
- 1 medium ripe avocado, halved,seeded,peeled & cut up
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces sliced cheddar cheese
- 8 slices thin tomatoes
- In a food processor bowl combine the avocado, green onions, sour cream, lemon juice and salt.
- Cover and process until smooth.
- Spread the avocado mixture on the bottom half of the French bread.
- Cut cheese into slices and lay over the avocado mixture.
- Add a layer of tomatoes.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until crisp.
- Cut into 4 servings.
This made a great lunch today. I did toast the French bread and then melted the cheese. Loved the avocado! Thanks to your daughter! :)