Recipe by Mimi in Maine
This is a veggie grilled cheese with a little bit of a crunch. Very easy to make. Use a good homemade or artisan bread.
Top Review by Manami
Hi Mimi, I tried it and we all loved it! The crunchy coleslaw mix is fantastic; however, we added xtra crunch with crispy bacon slices & red pepper flakes = fantastic!! Thanks for a great Sun nite dinner with a cup of soup, love ya, Manami a/k/a discharf ;)
- 44.37 ml butter (softened)
- 8 slice of a good bread
- 44.37-59.16 ml honey mustard
- 354.88 ml coleslaw mix (either regular or broccoli mix)
- 170.09 g swiss cheese (or other desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread butter over one side of all the slices of bread.
- Put four slices on a griddle, butter side down, and generously spread mustard over the top-side of the slices.
- Layer each slice of bread with one-fourth of the coleslaw mix and one-fourth of the cheese.
- Top with remaining bread, butter side up.
- Toast until the bread is lightly browned on each side and cheese is melted.