Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I took leftover veggies out of my fridge and "grilled" them on the stove. What came out is what I end up doing just about every week for lunch before I head out to the grocery store.
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced, separated
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- freshly ground peppercorn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 slices yellow bell peppers
- 5 slices zucchini
- 1 slice red onion
- 5 slices yellow squash
- 3⁄4 cup fresh spinach
- 4 slices roma tomatoes
- 2 marinated artichoke hearts
- 1⁄8 cup alfalfa sprout
- 2 slices seven-grain bread
- 1 tablespoon fat free feta cheese, crumbled
- In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, 1 clove minced garlic, and lemon juice.
- Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Preheat olive oil in nonstick pan.
- Add remaining garlic and seasonings.
- Cook for about 3 minutes and then add bell pepper, mushrooms, zucchini, red onion, and about 1/2 TBS oil from artichoke hearts; cook for about 4 minutes, til crisp tender. Toast bread.
- Add yellow squash; sauté for another 3 minutes.
- Add spinach and tomato slices and sauté until spinach is just wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Spread mayo concoction on bread and load bread with veggies, feta cheese and alfalfa sprouts.