Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I came up with this one night after a long drive from New York to Philadelphia. All I had eaten were french fries, so I was desperate to get some greens into me fast! This drink took care of the craving right away. The stevia helps to blunt the harsh taste of the veggies. If you want to make it a soup, use less water and perhaps add some spices instead of the stevia. Also, the yogurt can easily be omitted if you are vegan or have dairy issues; just use less water,
- 1 cup spinach, rinsed
- 1 Hass avocado, pitted, scooped out, and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon stevia, Truvia brand
- Put spinach, avocado, cucumber, yogurt, and water into blender.
- Blend on high for ten to fifteen seconds, or until spinach has been pulverized to small green specks.
- Add stevia, then continue to blend until completely liquified, or until desired consistency is reached.
- Stop blender, pour into glasses, and drink up!