Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I've made these for years, but it never occurred to me to post it until a request for tortilla pinwheels was posted. These are always a hit and are also fairly healthy! Cook time is refrigeration time.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 package Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 cup fresh cauliflower floret
- 1 cup fresh carrot, baby or chunks
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chunks
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chunks
- 6 6-inch flour tortillas
- Mix softened cream cheese and dressing mix until well blended.
- Finely chop all vegetables (in a food processor if available).
- You don't want any big chunks, but you also don't want puree.
- Spread each tortilla with 1/6th of the cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with 1/6th of the veggies.
- Roll up tightly and wrap each tortilla in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours and up to 12 hours.
- Remove wrap and slice in 1 inch pieces, skewering with a toothpick if needed.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving.
Really good, just don't chop the veggies too fine.
I made these for a pre-Christmas family potluck. The fact that I didn't bring any home speaks for itself! I did mess up the first batch by chopping too long in the food processor, so watch that. I settled on peices about the size of the thickness of a bamboo skewer. Several asked for the recipe. Also, the add in possibilities are endless. Thanks, Vina for posting this easy and versatile recipe.