Recipe by Kimberlily
This is a very tasty spaghetti sauce that has a whole garden full of goodness in it!
Top Review by for the love of veggies
This is a wonderful sauce that can be made without the beef for a vegetarian version. I especially like the zucchini, though I can understand that some kids might pick it out as elmotoo mentioned. Chop the zucchini smaller or puree it in the food processor to "hide" it from the little ones or those who don't like chunky veggies.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 small zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed & drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Over medium heat, saute garlic & onions in olive oil until onions go clear.
- Add ground beef and cook until beef has browned. Drain off any extra fat.
- Add chopped zuchini, and cook until it begins to soften.
- Drain extra liquid from stewed tomatoes. Puree until smooth.
- Add tomato paste, and puree until well blended.
- Add tomato blend to beef mixture.
- Add herbs and sugar. Simmer on low heat for at least 30 minutes, and serve over pasta, with parmesan or romano cheese.