Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Delicious, hearty soup packed full of nutritious veggies and beans.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 20 baby carrots, diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups vegetable broth (e.g. Whole Foods brand)
- 1 cup water
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can small white beans, drained and rinsed
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups vegetables, fresh or frozen, like zucchini, green beans, peas, cabbage, potatoes, spinach etc
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1⁄2 cup small shell pasta
- Heat olive oil in a good-sized stockpot. Add onion and stir for a few minutes until onion is soft. Add garlic, carrots, and celery and continue to stir for 5 minutes or so.
- Add remaining ingredients except pasta and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add pasta and simmer for another 5-10 minutes, until pasta is al dente.