Recipe by Ozzzie
Great little muffins - like crustless quiches. The flavour of these ingredients together is great, however you could use different cheeses or vegetables if you wish.
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green capsicum
- 1 (1 cup) packet frozen spinach, thawed and firmly packed
- olive oil
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 150 g reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a 12 capacity muffin pan.
- Heat olive oil in pan.
- Add leek, zucchini, capsicum and spinach.
- Saute vegetables until just tender.
- Combine beaten eggs, feta, sour cream and parmesan in a large bowl.
- Add vegetables to egg mixture and mix well.
- Pour mix into greased muffin pans.
- Bake in oven for about 30 minuted or until set.
- If you wish you can brown muffins in pan under grill for a few minutes after baking.