Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great little muffins - like crustless quiches. The flavour of these ingredients together is great, however you could use different cheeses or vegetables if you wish.
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green capsicum
- 1 (1 cup) packet frozen spinach, thawed and firmly packed
- olive oil
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 150 g reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a 12 capacity muffin pan.
- Heat olive oil in pan.
- Add leek, zucchini, capsicum and spinach.
- Saute vegetables until just tender.
- Combine beaten eggs, feta, sour cream and parmesan in a large bowl.
- Add vegetables to egg mixture and mix well.
- Pour mix into greased muffin pans.
- Bake in oven for about 30 minuted or until set.
- If you wish you can brown muffins in pan under grill for a few minutes after baking.
I enjoyed the flavor of these muffins, but I had a problem with them sticking and losing their shape, which made them look less appealing.
Ozzzie these were very good:) It has wonderful ingredients as is, but I can see endless possibilites for variations. I plan on making these ahead to take camping. I baked mine at 400 degrees. This recipe sure comes in handy for guests to reheat who get up earlier than we do. Microwave 2 with 2 muffins for about 1 minute and 40 seconds and you have an ultra easy breakfast. Next time I will add 3/4 teaspoon of black pepper (I love pepper) plus a dash of salt and there will be a next time! Made and enjoyed for the Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Game.
I made this with onion instead of leek, carrot in place of zucchini and broccoli in place of the spinach to accomodate DD's tastes. They were baked in a lightly greased nonstick muffin tin. I had no trouble getting them out of the tins. The muffins were delicious.