Prep 25 mins
Cook 18 mins
This recipe comes from an Argentinian grocery store booklet. In America this is more of a breakfast dish. In Argentina we never have it for breakfast (we are to busy eating those fabulous Argentinian pastries) it is usually lunch or a light dinner, accompanied by a salad.
- In a sauté pan, over medium heat, pour 2 tbs olive oil and cook onion for 5 minutes.
- Add carrot, zucchini, and squash; cover pan and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Put veggies in a bowl and let them cool down. Then add cheese, salt, pepper and beaten eggs. Stir.
- Pour the rest of the olive oil onto sauté pan and heat and then incorporate the egg mixture.
- Agitate the pan so that the mixture extends evenly.
- Lower the heat and cover. Cook for about 5 minutes and turn over a plate.
- Pour back into pan and cook for an extra 2 or 3 minutes.
- Eggs are better pale than golden.
We loved this frittata. DD didn't even know that it was chock full of her least favorite veggies. Also, the Jarlsberg cheese was brilliant. I'm on a diet right now so I did omit the olive oil and simply used nonstick spray in its place. The frittata was excellent none the less. Thanks for sharing. This recipe is a keeper. Made for PRMR Tag.