Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love making fritattas! They are so easy and so versatile. You can substitute most any vegetable and add meats or seafood. This is just a basic recipe. I just make it up as I go so guessing on the measurements. I can get my whole family to eat their veggies when I make this.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup crookneck yellow squash, diced
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, diced
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- In an oven-proof skillet, heat the oil on medium heat. Add the onion and pepper. Cook for 4 minutes and add squash and zucchini. Cook until the squash and zucchini are just tender but, still a bit crisp.
- Add milk to the eggs. (I also add 1 Tbls of cold water to the eggs to make them a bit fluffier.) Turn heat up to med-high and add the beaten eggs mix. Quickly stir to incorporate the vegetables. As the egg starts to set, with a spatula, lift edges to allow the uncooked egg to flow underneath. Continue this until all of the egg is almost set.
- Put the pan with your eggs under the broiler until the top of the egg is set. Top with cheese and return to the broiler until the cheese is melted. Top with a sprinkling of parsley and serve.