Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Perfect way to use up left over rice!
- 3 tablespoons diced onions
- 3 tablespoons diced carrots
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 -4 cups leftover rice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot Chinese mustard (optional)
- Beat the eggs with the parsley and the garlic.
- Saute the onions, carrots, and peas in a large saute pan with straight sides, on medium heat. Once soft, pour in the egg mixture and scramble until set. Turn the heat down to medium low.
- Carefully stir in the rice, soy sauce, and mustard. Heat until warmed throughly.
I found this recipe while searching for something to make using Chinese mustard, and we loved it. Very healthy and tasty. If you're not using the Chinese mustard, I recommend that you try it in this recipe.
Very good and easy. Made as written including Chinese mustard, which I will probably omit next time, but have available at the table, along with extra soy sauce. I used my big Le Creuset pot, which allowed me to toss everything and confine it to the pot :). Made for August 2011 Veggie Swap.
Delicious! I made as written except to use sesame oil instead of veg oil. This went very well with teriyaki salmon. Thank you VeggieCook! :)