Recipe by Sharon123
A classic Mexican dish given a little twist. Adapted from BH&G magazine.
Top Review by Stardustannie
What a great low fat snack! I used a mix of red and green capsicum and low fat cream cheese. Instead of brushing them with oil I just used a little non stick cooking spray.YUM! Reviewed for ZWT3
- 2 small green sweet peppers, cut into thin strips (or use red or a mix)
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin 1-inch-long strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley (and or or cilantro)
- 1⁄3 cup cream cheese
- 5 (6 -7 inch) flour tortillas
- salsa (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick skillet saute sweet peppers and onion in 1 teaspoon of the oil for 3-5 minutes or till crisp-tender. Stir in cumin and chili powder.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Stir in parsley. Set aside.
- Spread cream cheese over half of 1 side of each tortilla. Top with the pepper mixture. Fold tortilla in half over peppers, pressing gently.
- Place tortillas on an ungreased large baking sheet. Brush tortillas with the remaining 1 teaspoon oil.
- Bake in a 425*F oven for 5 minutes.
- Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges.
- Serve warm. If desired, put more salsa on the table to pass around. Enjoy!