Recipe by brunettebaker
Haven't tried this but it sounds interesting.Got it from a cookbook called Big Snacks, Little Meals.
- 4 ounces French bread
- cold water
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 pinch nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Tear bread into chunks. Should be approximately 4 cups.
- Soak bread in cold water in mixing bowl.
- Puree garlic with almonds in blender until you have a fine paste.
- Squeeze water out of bread and add bread to paste. Add rest of ingredients and blend to combine.
- Add up to 1/4 cup more water to get desired consistency.