Recipe by Treewoman
From "The Good Carb Cookbook." Posted for safe-keeping. Looks like a fresh alternative to store bought, and something you could tweak depending on your taste in veggies.
- 8 ounces fat-free cream cheese or 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped scallions
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green bell peppers
- 3 tablespoons grated carrots
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the cream cheese and garlic in a medium-sized bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Transfer the dip to a covered container and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve with whole-grain crackers and fresh-cut vegetables, or use a filling for finger sandwiches. (I bet it's also great on bagels!).
- Note: Cooking time = refrigeration time.