Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yummy and creamy, with a hint of garlic, this sandwich filling is especially delicious when served on health nut bread. Doesn't last long, and doesn't keep over a week. Dare ya to make it last that long!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages light cream cheese
- 3 finely minced garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 3 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chunked
- 2 medium carrots, cleaned and cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 cup minced green onion
- 2 tablespoons Hellmanns Mayonnaise (no substitute)
- Prepare vegetables and put all of them except the onion and garlic into a large food processer. Add the cream cheese, mayo, garlic and onion and blend until creamyand the veggies are finely minced. Make sure the veggies are dry-to-touch (no extra moisture in the recipe) when you add them to the food processer. Chill until serving. Any of the health nut breads or a whole grain with nuts are delicious with this spread.
YUMMY! I altered the basic recipe with what I had on hand which was carrots, "real" bacon bits, garlic, and capers with the cream cheese. Great on a toasted bagel with avocado or ham... thanks!
Fantastic! Fresh, easy, nutritious. Followed recipe except I used light cream cheese and 3/4 of an English cucumber and pressed/drained it in a colander before adding to cream cheese mixture, which I stirred by hand since my processor is small-ish. I'll use it alone as a sandwich spread or dip and as a condiment for Santa Fe Wrap. Thanks, Jan