Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe from my aunt that she now makes during the holidays. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! I have made it a few times. Doesn't have to be a holiday only recipe *THANK GOD*. I hope you enjoy this as much as my family and I do
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can whole mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley, snipped
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix
- 1 cup herb and cheese seasoned croutons, coarsely crushed
- Combine soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice, marjoram and pepper until smooth.
- Stir in frozen vegetables, mushrooms and cheese.
- Place in a 2-quart casserole.
- In small bowl combine butter, parsley and croutons; spoon over the vegetables.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 50-60 minutes or until bubbly in the center.
I know from personal experience eating this dish that it was a sure fire hit, but I made it for my office's Christmas party and everybody loved it. People kept going back for seconds and thirds, it was the only dish made that night that didn't go back with leftovers.
Different than the usual and very tasty !!
Oh my, this was so yummy! Wonderful herb flavors with buttery crunchies makes veggies go down oh-so-easily. I could not find the specified 'herb & cheese' croutons, so used 'garlic & cheese' croutons instead, to which I added pinches of various dried herbs. Thanks for a keeper.