Recipe by CrazyLadyMe
Neat way to add veggies to a meal, may try adding beef or chicken just to "hide" the veggies. Veggies can be diced, shredded or minced.
Top Review by *Parsley*
I loved this! It's loaded with yummy veggies and fills you up - who needs meat? I am used to having cumin in chili recipes, but with all these other great spices, I didn't miss cumin at all. It was spiced very nicely just as written. I garnished with chopped cilantro and served this over a bit of orzo, but it's also great served as is. Thanx for sharing this recipe!
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, diced
- 3 zucchini, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup hot chili powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 15 ounces red beans, drained & rinsed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onion over med-high for 5 minutes (add water as needed to keep from sticking).
- Add zucchini, carrots, peppers & garlic. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add remaining (except beans). Bring to boil, reduce to simmer, cover & cook 30 minutes.
- Add beans, stir & re-cover for 15 minutes.
- Serve over cooked pasta. Add cheese, crackers & additional onions to taste.