Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I may be wrong in calling this a chowder, but this experiment came out great. I threw together my own concept after looking at three or four recipes for creamy soups. A friend of mine brought me an entire gallon of milk, which we will never drink, so I have been attempting to be inventive to use the milk up. I hope you enjoy.
- 1182.95 ml milk
- 1 sweet potato
- 3 small russet potatoes
- 4 carrots
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 425.24 g corn
- 44.37 ml flour
- 29.58 ml butter
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- italian seasoning
- get a heavy bottomed soup pot out.
- melt butter and oil together over med.
- dice onion and mince garlic, add to butter/oil.
- saute about 5 minute.
- add chopped sweet potato, potato, and carrots.
- add juice from corn.
- let boil until veggies are a little tender.
- blend flour with some of the milk until smooth.
- add the rest of the milk to the pot including flour mix and corn, stir frequently until the soup boils and thickens.
- keep pot on med so you so not scorch the milk.
- season to taste throughout cooking and enjoy when done!
Very gooda chowder! I did make a couple of wee changes. I used half milk and half veggie stock. And I subbed the potatoes for parsnips and peas....as I do not enjoy potatoes cooked in liquid. Very fast and easy recipe. Thank you for sharing!