1/1 Photo of Veggie Chowder
1 hr 20 mins
I may be wrong in calling this a chowder, but this experiment came out great. I threw together my own concept after looking at three or four recipes for creamy soups. A friend of mine brought me an entire gallon of milk, which we will never drink, so I have been attempting to be inventive to use the milk up. I hope you enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1get a heavy bottomed soup pot out.
- 2melt butter and oil together over med.
- 3dice onion and mince garlic, add to butter/oil.
- 4saute about 5 minute.
- 5add chopped sweet potato, potato, and carrots.
- 6add juice from corn.
- 7let boil until veggies are a little tender.
- 8blend flour with some of the milk until smooth.
- 9add the rest of the milk to the pot including flour mix and corn, stir frequently until the soup boils and thickens.
- 10keep pot on med so you so not scorch the milk.
- 11season to taste throughout cooking and enjoy when done!
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veggie Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (452 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 579.2
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 57.9 mg
- Sodium 277.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 18.3 g