This is a knock off of a salad that we get at a local restaurant here in Des Peres, Missouri called Gerards. It is pretty close to his recipe and is a wonderful starter to a meal. I love the crunch and the soy in the dressing! Light and healthy!
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cucumber, diced
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (unsalted preferably)
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Mix all of the lettuce, veggies, sesame seeds and cheese (if you are using it).
- Whisk together soy sauce, vegetable oil, sesame oil and vinegar.
- Drizzle 1/2 over the salad and toss to coat. Add more dressing to taste.
- Finish with cracked black pepper if you like.