1/1 Photo of Veggie Chopped Salad
This is a knock off of a salad that we get at a local restaurant here in Des Peres, Missouri called Gerards. It is pretty close to his recipe and is a wonderful starter to a meal. I love the crunch and the soy in the dressing! Light and healthy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1/4 cup tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (unsalted preferably)
- 1/4 cup feta cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1Mix all of the lettuce, veggies, sesame seeds and cheese (if you are using it).
- 2Whisk together soy sauce, vegetable oil, sesame oil and vinegar.
- 3Drizzle 1/2 over the salad and toss to coat. Add more dressing to taste.
- 4Finish with cracked black pepper if you like.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veggie Chopped Salad
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.4
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 693.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 4.1 g