Recipe by Olha
Make your own batch of colorful deep fried vegetable chips
Top Review by WyomingMoonDust
These are a great alternative to normal chips. I did deep fry them in olive oil. Just a personal preference. I soaked the potatoes only in vinegar instead of water. They came out just like the salt and vinegar chips in the bag... it added a nice twist of flavor to these already awesome snacks.Thanks for posting Olha!
- 1 sweet potato, long and narrow, peeled
- 1 medium parsnip, peeled
- 1 medium carrot, peeled
- 1 medium russet potatoes or 1 medium baking potato, peeled
- ice water
- cooking oil, for deep frying
- salt, sprinkle
Directions See How It's Made
- Using vegetable peeler, peel long thin strips from vegetables. Soak strips in large bowl in ice water for 30 minutes. Blot with paper towel or dry tea towel.
- Deep fry in batches in hot 375°F cooking oil for about 2 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. They should just be starting to brown. Cool. If not crisp, repeat deep frying process, stirring continually for about 1 minute until crisp and beginning to brown. Remove with slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
- Sprinkle with salt. Cool thoroughly. Pile into large bowl. Makes about 10 cups.
- Company’s Coming Starters.