Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I'm not a vegetarian, but I had a roommate who was. She made this chili and no one missed the meat. As my DH would say, it's good and good for you !!!
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pinto beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can hominy, gold
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Heat oil in dutch oven on high. Add celery, onion, green peppers, and garlic. Saute for approximately 8 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Reduce heat and simmer until thickened. Approximately 35 minutes.