Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe has it all; low-fat, colorful, delicious, and easily adaptable to other dishes! Enjoy!
Make and share this Veggie Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans chunky tomatoes, chili style
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 can kidney bean, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can pinto beans, drained
- 1 can chili bean, drained
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- In large pan sprayed with Pam, saute onion, bell peppers, and garlic just til tender, over medium heat.
- Add all other ingredients as listed.
- Stir well and bring to boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat.
- Simmer 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Makes great veggie burritos!
- Freezes well, too.
This recipe was so easy and soooo gooooood. I made frito pie with it !! I doubled the size and took it to a christian meeting lunch and everybody loved it and wants the recipe. The only thing I did diffrent was add chili seasoning on top of all the other seasoning. Thank you and I will be making it again.. I had none left to freeze so hopefully next time I'll be able to have leftover.
This recipe as is, is wonderful. It is great with cheese on nachos. Remember to freeze when you've had enough. After it has thawed, you may need to re-season because it looses some of its taste.