Recipe by Juju Bee
This is the recipe I came up with for "Ready Set Cook". It has a slightly tangy lemon taste that my husband just loved. Hope you like it!
Top Review by Derf
Lovely taste and easy one dish meal, well done! The instructions were well written and easy to follow. We enjoyed it very much and will probably make it again, except it would be a butterless, flourless version, don't get me wrong, the butter and flour roux was delightful and soo tasty, just not usually in our diet, it was a great treat! thanks for sharing and good luck in the contest.
- 2 chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 1 red potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of
- 3⁄4 cup broccoli
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop chicken into bite sized pieces, and season with salt, pepper, rosemary and basil.
- Heat some olive oil in a medium skillet, and add the chicken, chopped onion, and garlic; cook until chicken is thoroughly cooked, and onions are caramelized.
- Remove from skillet and set chicken aside.
- Meanwhile boil a pot of water, and chop the potato into bite sized pieces.
- Add potato to the water, and boil about 8-10 minutes, or until potatoes are soft.
- In another pot, pour some shallow water in the bottom, and allow to boil; place a steamer over the water, then add the chopped broccoli and allow to steam, covered.
- Meanwhile, in the pan that the chicken was cooked in, add the butter, allow to melt, then add the flour, stirring until flour is incorporated.
- Add the white wine to the flour (carefully) then add the chicken broth, the bouillon and the zest of half a lemon.
- Stir constantly, until the bouillon is mixed in, and the sauce has thickened a bit.
- Add the drained cooked potatoes to the boiling sauce (this will thicken it even more) and cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- After the sauce has thickened add the chicken, and the steamed broccoli, and toss until well coated.
- Garnish with a slice of lemon, and fresh basil.